Tuesday, July 19, 2005

my blog title

you know what i was just realizing that i've never really explained my blog title. i know some people get it. but i also know some might not so here's whay i named it that... well there's this damien rice song i really like called Older Chests. And it's about a lot of things, but to me its about change for the most part. And it's just written really beautifully--as are most Damien Rice songs. But anyways, there's this line that goes...

Older chests reveal themselves like a crack in the wall, starting small, grow in time
And we all seem to need to help of someone else
To mend that shelf with too many books
Read me your favorite line.

And i just really like it for the title of a blog because essentially that's what writing does for me--mends that shelf when i have too many books on it. you know? in other words, it takes some pressure off. let's me have some release. so yeah, anyways... that's why i chose that title. :)

No comments: