Wednesday, April 13, 2005

net again

well i'm back. got a new computer. ugh. it's cute though. small. umm...i lost almost everything i've ever written. i'm pretty upset about that. a lot of my undergrad work but, that's just work. what i'm really sad about is my freewriting stuff that i don't have backed up. but i learned my lesson. i'm going to back everything up compulsively now.

so this is weird--my old house in naperville is for sale again right now. our old neighbors called us and are like "move back," and i didn't really get my hopes up because of the obvious... come to find out my dad is actually working on getting a mortgage to move back. to buy our old house. granted, i won't be living there that much longer, but still--how crazy is that? the whole california thing was such a mistake, i think my parents just miss being comfortable. it's not a set deal yet, but even the possibility of it, to me, is absolutely crazy.

i mean it's great, but it's crazy, too.

i kinda ditched the whole idea of living downtown. i realized that i like driving. i like having a car. i like having a place to park, and i kind of like having a nice place to live. and it just makes more sense to live in the suburbs. that's the reality. and it's weird because i said this to my friends and they said they recently decided the same thing. i mean, the city has more to offer as far as entertainment and different cultures and all of that but i will be miles away from all that...and when i actually took the time to sit down and think about it, i'm comfortable with what i'm used to--and what i'm used to is the suburbs. we'll see what happens though.

party went pretty good for the most part. i think everyone had fun. it seemed that way. i wished i could have talked to everyone a little bit more. it was hard with everyone there--my family and my friends! i had a great time though and i am glad everyone made it.

that's about it for now. i've just been working. living my life. waiting for spring. the usual.

but it's great to be back on the net.

No comments: